Ombre vs Balayage Hair

8:13 pm

My newest obsession is Ombre and Balayage hair.
Ombre hair refers to the gradual lightening of the hair strand, usually fading from a darker color near the roots to a lighter one at the ends. Ombre can be very subtle or very striking.  The look you want to achieve will depend on the technique and level of lightness. 




Balayage is French meaning "to sweep".  When a colorist is coloring, the majority of the brush strokes are horizontal in nature to coat the front and back of the hair strands.  In balayage, the colorist "sweeps" vertically with the tip of the brush and only to the front of the hair.  Thus creating natural, sun kissed highlights.

You can achieve so many different effects from soft, natural highlights to something strong and punky. The fact it’s so low maintenance is such a drawcard for women too. People want to look fashionable and feel good about their appearance but in this day and age we don't all have the time to be in the salon every few weeks for a touch up. (Vogue)





I think balayage is better, as its low maintenance and it actually look better, naturally. Depending on how light you want your ends, you usually don't need to bleach it which is a big plus for my dry hair.

Which one do you like better?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm loving ombre too, I'm too scared to do it on myself though!

    xoxo, Aman coffee chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny I came across this because my friend did balayage about a week ago....looks absolutely lovely..and it's a nice change from the general ombre' style, although I do love that too <3
    xxxxxxx

    segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

♡♡♡

Casinta. Powered by Blogger.