Mongolia, one of the most UNDERRATED countries in Asia 🇲🇳

4:27 pm

My new favourite city in the world is Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia. The people are so lovely, everything is super cheap, and the nightlife was pretty damn good. I didn't research Mongolia at all, and I'm kind of glad I didn't as I was so blown away at how beautiful and different it was to my expectations. I was expecting small villages and no high rise buildings, like below. But the photo below this photo is the reality! Ulaanbaatar is a city of contrasts where modern life comfortably blends with Mongolian traditional lifestyle. 





Hiking in Mongolia, wearing flares of boohoo.com. I was complaining too much about the flies hahaha I don't think I'm a hiking kind of person. I just do it to look adventurous. But the sights were amazing



The Ger Camp was so unreal and the views were stunning! I would say it was kind of like glamping (glamour camping). The tent looks really small but you can fit three single beds, a fireplace and still have room for activities! Nomads stay in these gers and they move around, so they don't get too comfortable in one spot.


I love archery. I hit the target, and so did another guy in our group. But out of about 15 people, Jordan and I were the only ones who hit the target woo! Of course his arrow actually stayed put on the target and my just hit it then fell, but it still counts haha. Pants are from Thailand.





We went to a cultural show, and I had to pay about 5 AUD to take photos. I'm usually really stingy when travelling but I'm so glad I paid for a camera ticket. Cultural shows are my favourite part of going out and travelling because it's a great way to see their culture in singing, dancing and even acrobatics. So don't be stingy when travelling, it'll be worth it!




The Blue Sky Hotel has glass windows and the 23rd level which was the top level had one of the best views of the city. The last toilet cubicle had no solid walls, just windows! Service I would say is not the best. My group and I were getting a couple of drinks and the waitress took our orders but we were waiting for 40 minutes. We later found out that she finished her shift and never put in our order! The hotel bar was full of business men (even on a Saturday night) and young beautiful women who were getting served every 5 minutes. 

But I would definitely go to Mongolia again, especially for the shopping and clothes because it was so cheap.

I suspect another city that is very underrated would be Almaty in Kazakhstan, so that's next on my bucket list.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This sounds amazing. I did exchange term in HK a couple of years ago and got to visit a lot of Asian countries. But definitely never thought about Mongolia, will have to add it on my travel list!

    Would love if you check out my blog! Just followed you on instagram :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete

♡♡♡

Casinta. Powered by Blogger.